nobody likes you when you’re dead - zombina and the skeletones // i dont care - eartha kitt // tuff ghost - the unicorns // under my skin - the four seasons // fierce - azelia banks feat. godzilla // empty bones - the growlers // everybody wants to rule the world - tears for fears // hammer horror - kate bush // i put a spell on you - screamin’ jay hawkins // when you’re evil - voltaire // spooky scary skeletons - the living tombstone // here she comes - bonnie tyler // i ain’t got nobody - bessie smith // skeletor theme - he man and the masters of the universe
How I made the mask:
- I cut out a strip of felt (you can use whatever material you want) 120 cm (47 inches) long and 6.5 cm (2.5 inches) wide.
- I found the center and put that on my face, then tied it at the back.
- With a pen, I put a dot just under where my eyebrow would be, and one dot at each side of my eye to make a triangle shape (on both eyes).
- Then I took the mask off and cut between the dots for the eye holes (and trimmed the holes a bit so the shape would be more comfortable, and also cut a bit off the bottom of the mask so my nose wouldn’t get in the way as much).
Okay, I hope that wasn’t too confusing. Now the mask tails:
We know that they look like this (the ends are like half an ellipse with a smaller ellipse cut off) :
So I cut the ends to have to the same shape.
Final step: Put it on, wear it around, trim off what you don’t like, tighten it if you need to (note that felt gets stretched out over time, so you might need to tighten it after a month or so if you wear it around a lot), and annoy the hell out of your friends with your dorkiness.
As I’d promised earlier and was requested recently, here’s the sci-fi character generator! There aren’t quite as many options as my original huge generator, but you’re much more likely to get a reasonable character from this one, though I’m sure there are still some odd combos in here.
To play: click and drag each gif to get your randomized character. For things like accessories and extras, you can do more than one if you want. If you’re on mobile or dragging isn’t working for any reason, you can screenshot the whole thing instead.
Oh yeah if you decide to make anything with this, it would be cool if you tag it with ‘characterdesigninspiration’ so I can check it out!
Character generator! Based off of but expanded from www.characterdesigninspiration.tumblr.com ‘s.
How to use: Take a screenshot of it and check what it comes up with for your new character! You can pick a couple different extras, or disregard the hairstyle if you think it doesn’t fit (in my experience, sometimes I think the race shouldn’t have hair)
A glorious fuck-ton of perspective angle references (per request).
[From various sources.]
- Perspectives Tutorial by DerSketchie
- TUTO - male reference pose by the-evil-legacy
- tuto - women ref poses by the-evil-legacy
- Foreshortening Practice by Bambs79
- How to Draw Manga vol. IV - Dressing You Characters in Casual Wear
- HUMAN PROPORTION: SIMPLIFYING THE FIGURE USING GEOMETRIC FORM AND GESTURE by The Helpful Art Teacher
- Basic comic interpretation - different camera angle by diaemyung
- Foreshortening tips by scruffyronin
Anon asked how I’m able to make armor, and it’s a pretty long process, so here it is under a read more!
The Superhero Generator is done! This is the first time I’ve included any personality traits in addition to physical descriptions, so this could be fun. If you end up drawing a superhero from this, you can tag ‘characterdesigninspiration’ so I can check it out :)
To Play:click and drag each gif, or take a screenshot of the whole thing
i want her - A mix for explicitly lesbian songs (because I’m tired of lesbian mixes filled with vague songs sung by girls)
1. jenny / studio killers 2. i want her / georgia harris 3. i’m not gonna teach your boyfriend how to dance with you / kate nash 4. girls/girls/boys / her electric fur 5. the girl / emma taylor 6. jezebel / sara garrison 7. sweater weather / kina grannis 8. i kissed a girl / katy perry 9. don’t do boys / elektra 10. dirty king / the cliks 11. ode to janey lou / foe 12. long brown hair / regina spektor
I’m back with another edition of The Complete Newbie’s Guide to Worbla! This time we’re looking at fixing! I treated myself and you guys to a swanky new camera so I can actually record things properly without loads of failed attempts and missing parts.
If there are any other tutorials you’d like to see, or you’ve found my tutorials useful and would like to share some of your work, head on over to my Facebook Page and drop me a message!
Good luck and happy cosplaying!